Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
Regional Science Bowl
Berkeley Lab’s Science Bowl is part of the Department of Energy’s National Science Bowl. It is an academic competition of teams of high school students who:
- Compete in a verbal forum
- Solve technical problems
- Answer questions in all branches of science and mathematics
The winner of the regional competition will travel to Washington DC to compete in the DOE National Science Bowl.
The program is for high school students in the San Francisco Bay Area. Students should have a strong interest and academic ability in mathematics and science. Teams are comprised of four students, one alternate and an adult coach/advisor.
- LBNL Regional Science Bowl:
2 February 2013, Building 54 Cafeteria
- Applications Available: 1-October-2012
- Deadline for Regional Registration:
25 January 2013. There will be a maximum of 20 teams.
- Bay Area Regional Science Bowl:
25-April thru 29-April 2013
Process for Regional Competition
- Find and adult coach/advisor
- Have a group of at least five students with strengths in different academic areas
- Register for the competition by 25 January 2013.
- Meet regularly to practice using sample questions.
- For more information contact ScienceBowl@lbl.gov